Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas is coming!

So I know everyone is probably mad at me because I've been saying I will post for a long time now and haven't... but here it is! As I'm sure all of you know, I am now married to my wonderful husband Nathan. I am so sorry if you haven't met him, he is amazing and you will love him when you meet him.

So, first I am going to say that I did get that Sunflower Market job from my last post and it was HORRIBLE! So, after almost a year of that soul-sucking place I decided I need to take action and actually go to school again like I'd wanting to for so long. So we are sacrificing and Nathan and I are both attending Front Range Community College full time as of September. We love going to school together and we even had a class together, Music Appreciation. The semester just ended on the 14th and we both got mostly A's and one B. Pretty dang good for someone who hasn't gone to school in 3 years.

We also both work at the same job which is great. Nathan has worked there for like 2 years and I just started working there when I started school. It's called Dakota Apparel and it's a screen printing shop. It's a small business and the owners are a married couple, Kevin and Karen, who run it. It's nice working for a small locally owned company. And there's only 2 other employees, Armando and Antoinette. Nathan screen prints and I do embroidery. The only problem is in the winter time there is hardly any work, so we haven't been working, which is hard.

Oh yeah so I also wanted to mention that my car got fixed about a year ago in early January. A new transmission. Second transmission that's been put in that car since I've owned it. Nathan and I made a trip to Utah in early January so he could meet some of my family and my car had just got out of the shop when we went on that trip. On the way there on a 2 lane highway off of I-80, it was 2am and we were only an hour away from my sister Liz's. I crossed a bend and there was a huge elk in the road. Nathan was asleep and woke up to us flying in the air after launching off a snow bank. We couldn't see a thing because of the snow on the windshield and we landed and skid for about 100 feet. We were in the air for 30 feet. Luckily, we were both OK and didn't even have a scratch on us. With the help of Liz's husband Rod coming to get us and my parents having a tow truck service, we made it out OK. We waited for a tow truck for about 3 hours and made it to Liz's at about 8am. The luckiest part of this experience was that when we landed there were multiple cars who stopped to check on us. I hadn't seen a car for miles before the accident while I was driving. A really sweet couple with 2 cute kids drove us to a place where we had cell phone reception to call for the tow truck. If it wasn't for them we would have been stranded. I wish I remembered their names so I could thank them again. They were from Spanish Fork so if anyone knows them let me know :) My parents drove to Utah that weekend to meet Nathan and Nathan and my dad spent the weekend getting the car up to par for the trip home. We were so blessed and the Lord was really looking after us. There are photos below.

So Nathan proposed to me on Jan. 19th, 2 days before my birthday and I said yes. I'm sure you have all heard this story, but if someone hasn't and wants me to tell it on here I will. We were married March 14, or 3.14 for pi, at the Logan, UT temple. It was the best wedding I could have wished for, thanks mainly to my parents and other members of my family. I only wished that more of my friends and loved ones could have attended from Washington. There are some photos below.

I will post some photos of the first apartment Nathan and I lived in after this post. We are now living in a different place and I don't have many photos of this place yet, but will post more photos later. Most importantly, we are so happy to be married and are so grateful to all of our loved ones who care for us. I will post again after the holidays with more updates and will try and post more consistently. Love you all!

Here's a ton of photos! and they are chronological


I love this photo of Nathan and Troy. This is Sep. '08 before Nathan and I started dating

This is one of my favorite photos of Nathan before we dated. Can't you see why I wanted this boy so bad?

M&M's!

The Humans are Dead (From Flight of the Conchords)

Troy is a mad scientist for Halloween '08

Nathan is a scuba diver, I am a sailor '08

Nathan's second costume, some sort of plush velvety running suit...reminds me of George's outfit on Seinfeld

Smarties cereal...watch it crowd to get it

me eating smarties cereal

Me and Nathan got matching henna

Me and Troy's matching faint apparel


Nathan smoking the turkey. Thanksgiving '08

Nathan was gone for 2 weeks and I made him cream cheese brownies when he got back Jan. '09

Photos from the accident I talked about.

I am standing where we landed, notice the untouched snow behind me, that's where we were in the air

Derek, Joe and Nathan playing....I can't remember what they are called...

Me and Aynna and her friend doing the OK GO 'million ways' dance

me and nathan Jan '08

Aynna, Joe, me, and Liz Jan '08 and Jonah in Aynna's belly

Me when I found my wedding boots

Nathan and I the day before my wedding, after I recieved my endowment at the SLC temple

Right after being married in the Logan Temple!

Cutting the cake at our reception

And then a kiss

On our way to Aynna's after our honeymoon we stopped to see the Logan Temple again

Nathan eating a peanut butter oreo that had 3 stuffs, kinda like a big mac. What a sweet defect huh? This is in our first apartment

Me and Nathan at the Denver Temple for the first time together

Pretty rainbow

Yulia and Olga, cute russian girls that stayed with our friends, and we went camping with them

Another pretty double full rainbow!

Cute photo of me and Nathan

Nathan really hurt his ankle from a rope swing accident, it could have been a lot worse

My cute furry husband, he looks like animal from the Muppets

Tour de Fat, a bike festival on Labor Day weekend with a bike parade we were in. So many bikes!

South Dakota trip with Taryn and Skipper. Worst continental breakfast ever! So funny

Jordan (Taryn's little brother), Skipper, Taryn and Nathan in the wind caves in SD

Mt Rushmore! My first time there

Nathan in front of the Texas flag, where he's from

Me in front of the WA flag, love that state

Nathan really looking like animal here

Nathan on his birthday Sep. 29 '09, he turned 24! What an old man

We currently live in the basement of this house

Big snowstorm right before Halloween this year

I'm wearing Nathan's Han Solo coat

I love my furry husband

6 comments:

Aynna banahna said...

You guys are so cute and I love it! I loved all the pictures. Please post regularly!

Luanne Hardy said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted! I feel like I can stay up to date this way. I'm so excited that you are going back to school. I'm also very happy you found such a great guy; you guys look like you have so much fun together. I love you so much.

m.a. said...

I love you dear and am so glad to hear new things about your life. Thank goodness you were safe from your accident - how scary! Can't wait to see you. I'm holding out hope that we can meet in Wyoming this summer for Yellowstone!

supermom said...

I finally found your blog! I love the post and especially all the great pictures! I plan to follow your blog faithfully now!

Happy Birthday early!

Janalee said...

Yay for an update finally! You and Nathan look so cute together. I really wish I could have made it down to Utah for your wedding. I have always loved the Logan temple, thats where I wanted to get married, but we got married in Spokane instead. Glad the Elk didn't get you guys. You have angels watching you for sure. We will have to make new years resolutions together to keep our blogs updated. I just updated mine from last may! Love you & Miss you!

Unknown said...

That continental breakfast doesn't look as bad as one Jay and i had in Spokane...Basically, we had a bagel. There was cereal, but no milk and waffle batter, but it looked questionable...and that was about it.

But that's what we get for staying at a pretty run down motel....