Monday, September 15, 2008

COLORADO 101

Dude, sorry this is late, I told some people it would be up like a couple weeks ago, but you know me, just a simple minded procrastinator sometimes. I hope this has spell check... djsgiun sweet, it does. Anyway, I have been living in Colorado since Aug. 30, 2008. I was living at home for like a year and a half, and that is just too long for a 22 year old adult to be living at home. I loved working at Hastings for the 11 months that I was there and it was really cool being promoted in a job for the first time in my life to a manager position AND finding out I was good at it. Really great experience, but needed to end sometime. I am now in Colorado north of Denver being a live in nanny for a set of twins, boy and a girl, 17 months, Luke and Caydence. They are adorable. So yeah, craigslist is a beautiful thing. My car's transmission started having problems as soon as I crossed the Wyoming/Colorado border and luckily made it the 89 more miles to my new home. Colorado drivers are MUCH better than Utah drivers I've discovered, I like them a lot. So, I have never experienced the no car life and with a job right where I live, it's really not so bad. I just catch rides to all the church activities and I'm good to go. Plus, I'm saving money on gas and insurance. It's perfect for my plan on saving money.
So the family I work for are really nice and the kids are really good and fun and like me, which is always good. I am making friends all the time. I found out that my friend Troy is living like 30 miles north of me which is nice, just to know someone from before. We hang out sometimes, it's a nice familiarity. There was a church dance on Saturday which was pretty dang fun. Troy is a great dancer and so were a bunch of his friends so I didn't feel alone cos I always dance. Plus there were some pretty cute dudes, that doesn't hurt. I actually had some homesickness at first which I wasn't expecting at all so that was strange. I was just so ready to leave, but I really do miss my family a lot and some good friends of mine. I love change and new experiences tho so I am ready for this different adventure. I'd never been to Colorado before and it is beautiful. I don't have any really good photos tho yet, sorry. I will post some crappy ones, just to give you all (Hayley) an idea of what it's like. It's sunny 300 days of the year which is awesome and the winters aren't as bad (Mom and Dad) in this particular area as you would expect. Something to do with the location of the mountains. So that's good to know. I won't be driving in snow anyway tho. I do like to drive in snow, I find it thrilling and challenging.

Mark and Zaneta (the people I work for) hooked me up with a cell phone which is nice and I went a little crazy so when you call me and hear loud music don't be alarmed.

I apologize for this being long, I just feel like there's so much that I haven't shared. Oh and the faint is doing a second US tour I just found out last nite which I am stoked about! They are playing in Boulder next month and I am totes (internet for totally) going. I can't wait. As some of you may know they are probably my favorite band and I was going to see them in Spokane beginning of August, I had a ticket, but no one would commit to going with me and I decided to hitch a ride down to Utah for a family reunion, I really wanted to see my siblings, so I just did that instead. I was bummed about missing the faint and now I don't have to be! And Troy is going with me. Cos he's awesome and likes the faint too. I think that's about it. I found out NM is only 7ish hours away, depending where you go of course and I want to go WAY bad because I've always been fascinated by the state. My horizons and traveling experiences are widening more and more. I am sure I will think of more to write soon so you won't be bored.

I miss you all!

-Beka


ps. I've read Green Eggs and Ham about 37 times already!


Mom and I at the Great Salt Lake, my first time


Me driving thru Wyoming for the first time


Wyoming landscape


Caydence


Luke

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beka!
I'm glad to hear that you are doing well and having a lot of fun.
I am so happy for you!
Take care of yourself and have an awesome time!

P.S. The kids are super cute!!

Anonymous said...

Oh!

This is Jen, by the way, haha.

Love ya!

supermom said...

Beka!

I love your "crappy" pictures. It's nice that you have a blog now because it makes you seem not quite so far from home.
Kiss the babies for me!
Love,
Mom

m.a. said...

I'm so proud of you Bek. I'm so glad you're happy and that you're having an awesome experience because you threw caution to the wind and tried something new and challenging. I'm so proud of you and happy for you! Please, please stay in good touch. I'm glad you have a blog now too. We miss you lots and love you!

Steve & Marianne

cassafrass said...

Hey Beka
How are you? I miss you. I'm glad to have had a great friend. If you ever come through Pocatello, ID
come and see me.
Cassie

Heather Leonard said...

troy? like troy from byu-i? that troy?

m.a. said...

I forgot to mention last time i commented, but that second picture - the one of just you - is so beautiful!