Saturday, September 27, 2008

I am posting again!!!! YAY!!!

Ok, I know it's been way too freaking long since I've posted, therefore I will do it again. So this is for you Hayley. Last Saturday Mark and Zaneta (the people I work for and live with) were nice enough to take me to Estes Park, which is a part of Rocky Mountain Natl. Park. It was beautiful! We saw and heard a whole bunch of elk. There were blue jays and chipmunks and even a fuzzy caterpillar who I found in my hair in the car. He was my friend. And of course mountains. I walked up this path to the top of Longs Peak and it is 12,005 ft above sea level! Basically I had the worst headache ever since we started inclining and it just got worse. I didn't feel better until we started declining. I literally felt like I was drunk or high (even tho I've never been any of those things) like on those Mt Everest movies where the climbers get so high up that they need oxygen and they are stumbling and not walking straight and can't think straight, well, that's how I felt. So yeah, my brain is just not used to being this high up. I just wikipedia'd Kennewick, WA where I grew up my whole life and found out the elevation is 407 ft. And I just wikipedia'd Longmont, CO where I am currently living and the elevation is 4,984 ft. Quite a difference. Ok I just looked up Spokane, WA where I lived for about 3 years and the elevation there is 2,376 ft. so I haven't lived just above sea level my whole life I guess. Anyway, now I'm just being boring. I sometimes get bad headaches here, if anyone has any suggestions on how to not get headaches in high elevation places please let me know. So enough about elevation. The reason they took me to Estes Park is because Mark got the job in Baltimore he interviewed for and they are moving really soon. I am not going to be working for them after Tuesday of next week. So I'm trying to figure out what I am doing. I had a second interview for an office clerk job on Thursday so I am hoping and praying I will get that job. We'll see. I'm really not too worried because I know the Lord will take care of me no matter what and everything will be ok.

So last nite I saw Pineapple Express at the cheap seats with Troy and it was wayyyy funny. Watching the crowd of people walk out at the end was the best part. I've never seen such an odd group of people walk out of a movie theatre before. It was great. And this morning the first thing I thought was that I wanted a HUGE bowl of lucky charms for breakfast and I did. I felt sick afterwards but not for too long. I was just impressed that I could eat that big of a bowl. Oh wow, Mark is blasting 'It's my life' by No Doubt on his bose and singing along. He can be quite eccentric, which is fine. Anyway, yeah Troy and I have been spending as much hang out time together as we can because he is the only person here that I knew previously to moving here and it's nice to have that connection. So I'm trying to think if anything else exciting happened that I would want to share on a blog. Ummmmmm, I don't think so, plus I'm sure everyone's sick of reading this. Oh wait! I found out if my trany does need replacing I can get the hook up with this guy's brother and get a new trany plus labor for 1,000 which is way better than twice that much or four times that much. Since I will need a car, I will probably do it. Also, I made a trip to one of only 2 Jack in the Box's in the state of Colorado. It was about an hour away near Denver. The Bishop's family took a carload of kids, awesome huh? Also, on my first date I went to Denver for the first time and that was awesome! I have some good photos, It was dark. Oh yeah and I found out I can follow people's blogs on here. I've got Richard's, Hayley's, Aynna's, Heather's and that' it so far, so if you have a blog on here let me know so I can follow it. Love you all. Thanks for being interested in the goings on of my Thuper, therial exciting life!

-Beka

ps. I love house season 4


Me at Jack in the Box in Arvada


Driving to Boulder


This is for Hayley (creepy looking bunny statue in Boulder)


Denver


Estes Park



2 comments:

beepbeephello said...

this is a comment for both this post and the one above it:
i love the bunny photo! hahaha! denver is so pretty! i did't know how nice of a city it was. it looks great! the mountains are amazing. it looks friggin cold there!!! it's still in the comfortable 70s around here. we do get dew in the morning though. xenu loves this weather. miss you. love you. wish i was there with you!
-hearts! hayley.

Aynna banahna said...

I'm glad you like Pineapple Express, I thought it was so funny! And mainly because of James Franco, who is freakin' hilarious! Although I don't think I ever need to hear than many swear words in one sitting ever again. Although I'll probably see it again...